Ethinyl Estradiol + Drospirenone
Abnormal uterine bleeding, Amenorrhea, Contraception
MSD Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd
0.02mg + 0.15mg
21 Tablets in Strip
10 to 17 working days
Femilon is a combination drug used for oral contraception (prevention). Buy femilon tablet from the most trusted online medicine mart buyfirstmeds.com at the best price.
What are Femilon Tablets?
Femilon tablets are a combination of oral contraceptives. This tablet impedes the movement of sperm in the uterus and prevents the release (ovulation) of the egg and the binding of the sperm to the egg. These tablets also change the inner wall of the uterus, making them unsuitable for pregnancy.
Who is the manufacturer of Femilon?
Organon LLC is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies.
How do Femilon tablets work?
Femilon tablets are oral contraceptives. It works by preventing the release (ovulation) of the egg, blocking the movement of sperm in the uterus, and preventing sperm from connecting to the egg. It also changes the endometrium, making it unsuitable for pregnancy.
What is the purpose of Femilon Tablet?
The combined hormone preparation Femilon Tablets are used to prevent pregnancy. It contains two hormones: progestogen and estrogen. The Femilon Tablet works primarily by preventing the release (ovulation) of eggs during the menstrual cycle. It also changes the inner wall of the uterus (uterus) to thicken the vaginal fluid, preventing sperm from entering the egg (fertilization) and preventing fertilized eggs from adhering. If the fertilized egg does not attach to the uterus, it will come out of the body.
Oral contraceptives can not only prevent pregnancy, but also make the menstrual cycle more regular, reduce bleeding and painful periods, reduce the risk of ovarian cysts, and treat acne.
The use of Femilon Tablet does not protect you or your partner from sexually transmitted diseases (HIV, gonorrhea, chlamydia, etc.).
How to take Femilon?
- Take this medicine at the dose and duration recommended by your doctor. Swallow the whole. Do not chew or crush.
- Femilon tablets can be taken with or without food, but for maximum benefit, they should be taken at the same time.
- Start taking the pill on the day of your first menstrual cycle, continue for a month, and when the pack is finished, start with a new pack.
- If you experience vomiting within 4 hours of taking, take another tablet.
- It may take up to 7 days to get used to the drug, so use a condom for the first week to avoid pregnancy.
- If you miss a dose and are 12 hours late, you will need to use a condom for 2 days during sexual intercourse.
What are the Side Effects?
- Hair loss
- Missed or irregular menstrual periods
- Weight gain
- Flu-like symptoms
- Troubled breathing and swallowing
- Change in the texture of breast skin and nipples
- Abdominal pain
- Breast pain and tenderness
- Back pain
What are the Dosage Instructions?
If you forget it, take it as soon as you remember it. When it’s time for your next regular dose, don’t take the missed dose. Do not take “double” medication during treatment.
Overdose of Ethinyl estradiol and drospirenone can cause symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, and abnormal bleeding.
Interaction with other drugs
Some drugs can affect Femilon. Tell your doctor about all your current medications and medical history. Several drugs that can interact with this drug are aromatase inhibitors (anastrozole, exemestane), raloxifene, sodium tetradecyl sulfate, tamoxifen, and tizanidine.
Femilon can increase blood potassium levels. Some other drugs include aliskiren, ACE inhibitors such as enalapril/lisinopril, angiotensin receptor blockers such as losartan / balsartan, NSAIDs such as heparin, ibuprofen/naproxen, and blood potassium such as potassium-sparing water tablets. included. Figure. / Spironolactone / Spironolactone / Diuretics such as triamterene). Your doctor will recognize the interaction and prescribe the appropriate medication.
Before taking Femilon, consult your doctor if you have:
- You are allergic to Ethinyl estradiol, desogestrel, or any other component of this medicine.
- You have or have had a blood clot in your legs (deep vein thrombosis, DVT), lungs (pulmonary embolism, PE), or other organs.
- You have or have had a heart attack or stroke, angina (a condition that causes severe chest pain and maybe the first sign of a heart attack).
- you have a migraine called aura migraine.
- There is a suspicion of breast or genital cancer.
- Unexplained vaginal bleeding
- Excessive growth of the endometrium (uterus)
- If you have sickle cell disease (a genetic disorder of red blood cells)
- Elevated blood sugar (hypertriglyceridemia)
- varicose veins
Store at room temperature (10-30°C)