Glibenclamide + Metformin
Type 2 diabetes
Abbott India Pvt Ltd
5mg + 500mg
10 Tablet in one strip
10 to 17 working days
Diabetrol SR is indicated for the treatment of type 2 diabetes, mature diabetes, and polycystic ovary syndrome. Buy Diabetrol SR is one of the most effective antidiabetic medications that can prevent the signs and symptoms of type 2 diabetes.
It contains two active ingredients: Glibenclamide and metformin. This drug is an FDA pregnancy category B drug.
What is Diabetrol SR?
Diabetrol SR is used to treat type 2 diabetes, and Diabetrol SR is a concomitant drug that can better control blood sugar levels than a single drug. For best results, it should be used in combination with a proper diet and regular exercise. Monitor your blood glucose regularly while taking Diabetrol SR. It can cause hypoglycemia (hypoglycemia).
Diabetrol SR is used to treat diabetes. Insulin, a hormone produced by the human body, metabolizes blood sugar levels. If your body doesn’t produce enough insulin, your blood sugar will rise. This leads to diabetes.
People with diabetes need to lead a healthy life, such as avoiding edible sugars, to maintain their blood sugar levels. Diabetrol SR tablets produce more insulin by activating the pancreas. Diabetrol SR is taken in a healthy diet. More insulin helps lower blood sugar levels.
How does Diabetrol SR work?
Diabetrol SR was a combination of two anti-diabetic drugs, glibenclamide and metformin. Glibenclamide is a sulfonylurea that works by increasing the amount of insulin secreted by the pancreas and lowering blood sugar levels. Metformin is a biguanide that reduces glucose production in the liver, slows glucose absorption in the intestine, and increases the body’s insulin sensitivity.
What is the Use of Diabetrol SR?
Type 2 diabetes (also known as insulin-dependent diabetes or adult diabetes) is a condition in which your body’s blood sugar is always above normal. Insulin is produced in the body by the pancreas. It regulates blood sugar levels through many mechanisms. If you have diabetes, your body may be insulin deficient or insulin resistance in your tissues or both.
How to take Diabetrol SR?
- Take Diabetrol SR tablet for the dose and duration recommended by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole. Do not chew, crush or break.
- Diabetrol SR should be taken with food. To make the most of it, take it regularly at the same time, each day.
- Your doctor will decide which dosage is best for you, and it can change from time to time depending on how it works based on your blood sugar level.
What are the Side Effects?
- Chest pain, Skin rash
- Bitter taste
- Muscle pain
- Abdominal bloating
- Allergic reaction
- Abdominal pain
- Nail disorder
- Taking metformin with alcohol can cause lactic acidosis, which can cause fainting, shortness of breath, low or irregular heart rate, drowsiness, upset stomach, or other abnormal symptoms.
- Diabetrol SR Tablet is safe to use during pregnancy.
- Diabetrol SR Tablet is safe to use while breastfeeding. Limited human data suggest that the drug does not pose a serious risk to children.
- Hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia can affect driving ability. In this case, do not drive.
- It may be necessary to adjust the dose of Diabetrol SR Tablet. Please consult your doctor.
- Diabetrol SR Tablets may not be safe for people with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.
- Do not take this drug if you are allergic to glibenclamide + metformin or similar drugs.
- Talk to your doctor before taking any other medications or herbal products during treatment with glibenclamide + metformin.
- Avoid drinking alcohol during treatment with glibenclamide + metformin as it increases the risk of severe hypoglycemia (hypoglycemia).
- Do not exceed the prescribed dose.
- If you have renal or hepatic failure, be careful when taking the combination of glibenclamide and metformin.
- Do not use a combination of glibenclamide and metformin if you have a history of lactic acidosis.
- It is not recommended to take the combination of glibenclamide and metformin if the medications listed on the package have expired.
- If you have heart, liver, kidney, adrenal, or pituitary gland disease, metformin may not work. -Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. -Tell your doctor or dentist that you are taking metformin if you are undergoing surgery, dental treatment, or x-ray staining. -You may need to wait 48 hours to stop taking metformin and resume your medication.